I've just been busy you see - Work :: Life :: Love.
I've always found it difficult to spare time to do things like this.
It's just not Me.
Still, I will persevere. And you shall read...
I see life as a photo album. Not cheesy memories, but seeing a different story.
Take this photo:
This photo was taken on a creative day out with my good friend Phil (check out http://therantingworldofphil.blogspot.com/ for an angry, but insightful look at the wonderous world we live in...).
Of the wide array of photos taken on the day, this was absolutely by far my favourite. There were others that I thought were great, but this one I was particularly proud of.
My girlfriend, Amy, picked this as the best:
Yeah I like it, but it is easily recreated. I could go out tonight and take a very similar photo. So could Amy. So could any other photographer. So could you.
The sun-kissed photo of the couple down the seafront could not be recreated. Not because I think I am better (which I do NOT), or some highly secret technique which I have been perfecting for years (i wish), but that there was only one moment in time where the photo could be snapped.
You can attempt to determine where they were going, what they were talking about, why they looked so bloody miserable on such a beautiful day in February.... The list could stretch as long as Southend Pier.
Because people watching is such a fantastic thing to do! Its the element of the unknown. You could look at that photo and read something different to me.
Just like life.
Amy wasn't happy that I have been busy. She knows that I am sorry, and I know that she is sorry.
We see our album differently.
I've been so busy NOW, so that hopefully the future can be less stressful for us. But Amy was under the impression that I am simply TOO BUSY FOR HER.
I totally understand where she is coming from, and if our roles were reversed, there is no doubt I would feel the same way.
But such is the trouble with life. We care so much about what the other person reads from a situation, that we often overlook how happy we are that we are making a photo album with them in the first place.
I won't forget again any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment